[vdr] How to create a VDR compatible MPEG2 file?

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Thu Aug 25 21:29:14 CEST 2005

Hi,

Fabian Wolter wrote:

> While fast-forwarding/rewinding, there appear lots of the following
> messages:
>
>> Aug 24 22:13:06 vcr vdr[15601]: fixIFrame: PES start code not found at
>> offset 19460 (data length: 67584)!
>
> So what's my fault? (I guess at the multiplexing proccess)

Maybe it's my dvbplayer hack.

Background: for trickspeed mode, VDR uses the index file to just load
and play I frames. My hack fixes an issue, where VDR reads short I
frames. Either the generated index file differs from the one VDR would
create or it is really a matter of muxing the stream.

If you cut such a recording, does the cut recording play flawlessly?

Can you provide me a sample of a few megabytes?

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de