[vdr] mp3 plugin - other image locations

Simon Baxter linuxtv at nzbaxters.com
Wed Aug 31 11:55:05 CEST 2005

Hi.

I'd like to use the MP3 plugin to convert and play a random slideshow of
my personal photos when switching tracks, rather than the usual
cover/artist/background images.

How can I do this?

For the radio plugin I cron a bash script which randomly chooses a file
to convert.  This is also a bit hit and miss - but still better than NO
SIGNAL, Black, or the same image over and over.  Since the MP3 plugin
caches images, I'd need to disable this.  I could then randomly choose
an image file and link it into the playlist root periodically.

Any ideas?