[vdr] Instant Timer with a given Channel

Patrick Fischer patrick_fischer at gmx.de
Thu Dec 1 17:34:05 CET 2005

Hello
I want to create a new instant Recording from a Plugin at a specific
Channel.

The normal way to create a instant Recording is to call

cRecordControls::Start ();

This will create a Recording of the current Channel.

So if I want to create a recording on an different Channel, I can create
a new Timer
and give this new Timer to cRecordControls::Start ().

cTimer *timer = new cTimer(true,false);
cRecordControls::Start (timer);

But new cTimer(true, false) also use the current Channel.

Is it possible that Klaus change the Constructor from
cTimer::cTimer(bool Instant, bool Pause)
cTimer::cTimer(bool Instant, bool Pause, int channel = 0)

And the line 30 in timers.c from
channel = Channels.GetByNumber(cDevice::CurrentChannel());
channel = Channels.GetByNumber(channel?channel:cDevice::CurrentChannel());

In this case i can create a new recording by
cTimer *timer = new cTimer(true,false,MYCHANNEL);
cRecordControls::Start (timer);

please!!! :-)

Yours sincerely,
Patrick