[vdr] VDSB since 1.3.37?

Joerg Knitter joerg.knitter at gmx.de
Fri Dec 2 11:28:54 CET 2005

Hi,

I have a related phenomenon since I updated from VDR 1.3.34 (I think it
was this version) to VDR 1.3.36. With previous versions, I had
absolutely no problems when switching to Sat.1 and ProSieben from a
non-DD-channel. Now, I often see heavy distortions/blocking when
switching to one of those both channels. Sometimes, the blocks don´t
disappear and the image can´t be watched. Sometimes it helps to switch
back to the channel I previously was watching, if it doesn´t, I have to
restart VDR which also reloads the drivers. My channel´s order: 3 - BR,
4 - Sat.1, 5 - RTL, 6 - ProSieben...
I use a Nexus and one Nova-S on SuSE 9.1 with quite outdated drivers
(from beginning 2005) - but they previously worked without problems. I
also did not change the firmware when updating the VDR - that´s why I
also think that the new bugs are VDR related, despite of the progress in
driver, firmware and kernel development. I can´t promise that one of the
new compiled plugins and patches might have introduce the problem, but I
don´t think so as this error looks familiar to me (had this ages before
with VDR 1.2.x and early VDR 1.3.x versions).

I recently planned to upgrade to a newer kernel (including new drivers),
but reading all the complaints concerning kernels >2.6.12 and buffer
overflows, I want to wait until those things are fixed.

Joerg