[vdr] VDR with a/v receiver integration

Leo Márquez leo at calidae.net
Fri Dec 2 11:29:18 CET 2005

Hi!,

My brother is going to make a gift to me. An Onkyo A/V Receiver. This:

http://www1.shopping.com/xPF-Onkyo_TX_SR501

I would know how can I integrate with my actual VDR box to take the
maximum advantage of this features.
I supose I have to install the bitstreamout plugin (i have an epia mobo
with rca SPDIF audio output), and ac3mode?

The goal I follow is get audio in the 6 speakers I will connect to the
amplifier. mp3, mplayer, dvd of course, live tv. I know if the image I'm
seeing don't have 6 channels I can't ear six different channels but It's
possible to ear the same single channel trhougth the 6 speakers?

Sorry about my poor knowledgements about it.

Thanks.
Leo.