[vdr] Logging

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Sat Dec 3 15:43:06 CET 2005

Lauri Tischler wrote:
> Marco Göbenich wrote:
>> insert this into your /etc/syslog.conf:
>> local6.*                            /var/log/vdr.log
>>
> Yes, this now logs stuff to vdr.log, but some vdr-messages
> still end up in syslog, debug and messages logfiles.

You have to tell syslog not to add these messages to the other log
files. The format of the syslog.conf is well documented, see man
syslog.conf.

For a hint: This line writes /var/log/syslog for me:

  *.*;auth,authpriv.none          -/var/log/syslog

This means: Log everything of all levels (*.*), but for auth and
authpriv, log level none.

This would also ignore all local6 messages:

  *.*;auth,authpriv.none;local6.none    -/var/log/syslog

You probably have to change some more lines that match *. in a similar way.

Cheers,

Udo