[vdr] A way to force writing the epg.data ?

Laurence Abbott laz at club-burniston.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 18:44:02 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-12-08 at 18:34 +0100, Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> Gregoire Favre wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > is there a way (maybe with SVDRP) to force VDR to write the epg.data to
> > the disk in order to be able to use mastertimer on it ?
>
> VDR automatically writes the epg data into the "epg.data" file
> every ten minutes.

Sort of related...does vdr write setup.conf every 10 minutes, too, and
does it write plugin settings or just vanilla vdr settings? I ask
because it sometimes seems to 'forget' some settings after a reboot
(several hours later). I have only really noticed it with softdevice
settings, so maybe that is the part doing strange things!

Cheers,

Laz