[vdr] A way to force writing the epg.data ?

Matthias Schniedermeyer ms at citd.de
Fri Dec 9 23:31:05 CET 2005

Gregoire Favre wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 08, 2005 at 09:07:51PM +0100, Matthias Schniedermeyer wrote:
>>Personally i've patched VDR ever since i've started writing Master-Timer
>>nearly 5 years ago.
> Wouldn't it be just great to have an SVDRP command that save the
> epg.data without the need to patch VDR ?

I think i asked Klaus about that sometime.
Guess it just wasn't important. :-)

I've always "scan-channels"-d manually for nearly 5 years.
But you just made me change that script to do the 'touch' after zapping
though the channels, so that i don't have to do that manually anymore.

Thank you for saving me a few seconds per day. :-)

I can't believe that in five years that idea never came to my mind. :-)

>>The patch 'shifts' the 10 minutes writing to:
>>the epg.data-file has to be at least 10 minutes out of time
> Great, I have to look on how to apply such a patch against vdr-1.3.37.

A grep for epg.data should quickly unravel where VDR looks if the 10
minutes are over.

Bis denn