[vdr] Softdevice and an NVIDIA 6800 Ultra?

Chad Flynt hoochster at sofnet.com
Sat Dec 10 08:21:27 CET 2005

Has anyone had any luck with Softdevice and an NVIDIA 6800Ultra?  Also I
hear of problems with like the TI4200 etc.  My issue with my 6800 is
through XV I get video on whatever channel I have VDR set to start with,
but if I change channels I lose it, and only get OSD from there on.  And
can't get it back without restarting VDR, it will start on any channel I
set it to start with in the SETUP.CONF but once I change it is gone.  As
where if I use DFB which is what I would rather use, I don't get video
at all, just OSD and AUDIO on the first channel, but again if I change
it goes away.

I am using CVS of Softdevice, DirectFB and DFB++ and have this issue.
If anyone has any tips or tricks, they are gladly welcome!

Thanks