[vdr] Cause for interferences ?

Jukka Tastula jukka.tastula at kotinet.com
Sun Dec 11 03:30:33 CET 2005

On Saturday 10 December 2005 21:55, Ville Skyttä wrote:

> For me, channel switching with a TT DVB-C budget card + DXR3 has always
> (been using this setup for about 14 months or so, almost always with the
> latest VDR 1.3.x version) looked something like: half a second black
> screen, no sound, then picture and audio normally for about half a
> second, then frozen picture + sometimes pixelation and stuttering audio
> for a few tenths of a second, then everything ok.

Same here except if I change channel by pressing up or down -- then there
is no black screen in between, just pixelation and sound seems to play
some sample from the last channel for a couple of ms (which is really
annoying if it happens to be something loud).

Is there a real reason why it's different when typing in a channel number
or is this another magical feature no one can explain?