[vdr] Cause for interferences ?

Martin Dauskardt md001 at gmx.de
Sun Dec 11 13:00:57 CET 2005

> Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2005 21:55:15 +0200
> From: Ville Skytt? <vskytta at gmail.com>
>
> For me, channel switching with a TT DVB-C budget card + DXR3 has always
> (been using this setup for about 14 months or so, almost always with the
> latest VDR 1.3.x version) looked something like: half a second black
> screen, no sound, then picture and audio normally for about half a
> second, then frozen picture + sometimes pixelation and stuttering audio
> for a few tenths of a second, then everything ok.
>
> I haven't ever found this overly irritating though (but patches of
> course welcome if someone finds a fix);

Use vdr 1.3.12, and you have a very "clean" channel switching. With version
1.3.13 vdr got some important changes on buffers. The dxr3-plugin has never
been adapted to this. I think it has to do with the demuxer. I remember
several postings from Christian in the last 12 months that he is working on
it, but he never released anything.