[vdr] Interesting freeze

Jarmo Järvenpää jjarven at softers.net
Tue Dec 13 11:52:49 CET 2005

Hi all,

An interesting feature has came up with kernel 2.6.14 and hauppauge
Nova-T (the older model) and the dxr3.

If the computer has been down and started again, modules load up, vdr
starts and bang -> the computer seems locked up (even the numlock
doesn't light).

This has happened multiple times already (and will happen if there's a
power loss).

I've noticed that if the computer is left on for about 10 minutes,
miraculously, everything start working again.

I've tried to start vdr with a plain 'vdr' command, and still, the
computer will freeze (hauppauge drivers and dxr3's kernel modules were
previously loaded though).

Not sure what causes this, but in case somebody stumbles into this, just
wait for recovery :-)

BR,
Jarmo