[vdr] speed up SVDRP

Patrick Cernko errror at errror.org
Tue Dec 13 14:26:23 CET 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> The SVDRP interface is processed once a second, so it can take
> up to one second until a client gets a reaction.
>
> See cInterface::GetKey() in interface.c.
>
> You could try reducing the wait time from 1000 to, say, 100.
> However, you should check whether the overall system load
> increases when doing so.

Any chance, that you manage it to migrate this code to use select/poll
instead of only polling manually once a second? I think vdradmin with
its many queries whould benefit a lot of a prompt answer.

So long,
--
Patrick Cernko | mailto:errror at errror.org | http://www.errror.org
Quote of the Week: "-F arg forced operation, do not ask prior to format.