[vdr] Interesting freeze

Ville Skyttä vskytta at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 10:49:12 CET 2005

On Wed, 2005-12-14 at 08:41 +0200, Jarmo Järvenpää wrote:
> Niko Mikkila wrote:
> > Could also be a problem with shared interrupts and an old dxr3 driver.
> > What version are you using? Post the output of "cat /proc/interrupts".
>
> Interrupts:
[...]
>    3:      66813          XT-PIC  em8300, saa7146 (1)

Even if using the newest em8300 driver, I would try to arrange it so
that em8300 doesn't share interrupts with another device (or if it does,
it does it with something less used than a DVB card).  Shuffle cards in
PCI slots, disable unneeded devices in BIOS, see if BIOS allows explicit
IRQ assignments to PCI slots etc.  Your IRQ 5 seems to have no devices
on it...