[vdr] [seems to be solved] sync problems (was: too many processes?)

André Bischof a.bischof at gmx.net
Wed Dec 14 13:16:13 CET 2005

Hello everybody,

as I wrote I was investigating in sync problems I experienced.

I haven't tested it thoroughly, but on a first glance it looks like
adding the kernel parameter "elevator=cfq" to grub's menu.lst to run
another scheduler solves the problem (this was suggested on
vdr-portal.de). Thus

kernel          /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.12-1-386 root=/dev/hda1 ro vga=0x31A
elevator=cfq

did it for me.

Thought to just let you know, in case someone else is experiencing
similar problems.

HTH,
André