[vdr] remote plugin reacts on 2 remote controls

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Wed Dec 14 17:30:01 CET 2005

André Bischof wrote:
> the remote-plugins works well with my nova-t's remote control, but
> unfortunatly it reacts on my tv's remote-control as well. Switching AV
> on my tv seems to be the same as the power-button on the nova-t's remote
> control, thus powering my vdr off.

Does your TV react on the nova-t remote too?

If yes, then you're doomed. If no, you're using the DVB remote driver in
'all devices' mode, which ignores the device id of the remote signals.

If you use av7110_loadkeys, use the -a flag to select the correct id,
or, even better, dont use av7110_loadkeys and let the remote plugin
handle that. The remote plugin will usually use the -a mode.

Cheers,

Udo