[vdr] Concerns about changing the API-definition of 'cStatus::Replaying()' and 'cStatus::Recording()' of VDR?

Andreas Brugger brougs78 at gmx.net
Thu Dec 15 18:09:51 CET 2005

Hi list!

I've a problem to check which recording is currently replayed in VDR. I
know, that there is a the function 'cStatus::Replaying()', which
delivers the 'Name' of the recording, but unfortunatly this is only a
short version and not the full FileName. So there is no (secure) way to
check which of several recordings which have the same name is actually
replayed.
I tried to use 'cReplayControl::LastReplayed()' but I have some problems
with that and Klaus told me that this is a bad idea to call it out of a
thread. So he considers changing the API of 'cStatus::Replaying()' and
'cStatus::Recording()' so it returns the full FileName (Name incl. the
path to the recording) instead of the Name. He told me that I should ask
the list if anybody would have a problem with that (plugins, scripts and
so on) ... so here it is ... what do you all think about that? Any concerns?

Bye,
Andreas Brugger