[vdr] Concerns about changing the API-definition of 'cStatus::Replaying ()' and 'cStatus::Recording()' of VDR?

Sascha Volkenandt lists at magoa.net
Fri Dec 16 20:30:27 CET 2005

On Friday 16 December 2005 01:27, Udo Richter wrote:
> Well, on a very long term. This could even go that far to start playing
> an URI, and VDR checks which plugin can play it back. Different plugins
> could use one generic VDR playback sources dialog, instead of each
> having its own file selector.

Yes, that was my (and some others') initial thought, too, but I'd not dare
suggesting that before 1.5 :-D

> DVD plugin and trayopen plugin could agree on a protocol using the
> Service() interface. Something like 'DVD plugin, are you replaying?' or
> 'could all players stop using /dev/dvd please?'

In the meantime yes, but this goes for VCD and PhotoCD, too (their developer
seems to be inactive currently), and the mp3 plugin drops ID3 information
into that interface instead of the filename, if I recall correctly :-(
(BTW, the second "service phrase" of yours sounds a little desperate *g*)

Greetings,
Sascha