[vdr] Retuning if tuning fails...

Chris Warren dvb at ixalon.net
Sat Dec 17 16:28:03 CET 2005

I have a problem in VDR that sometimes when I change channel I just get
corruption displayed on the screen and choppy sound. If this happens I have
to tune to a different transponder and back again to get the channel to show
correctly. Some times I'll have to do this 2 or 3 times before it'll work.

I don't know what's causing this, it happens with both encrypted and FTA
channels. I've adjusted my PWM value on my FF card, so I get AFC of (-1) or
(0) each time, and I get a frontend lock all the time.

Has anyone come across this and does anyone know of a way to either stop it
happening, or automatically tune to a different transponder and back again
if it happens?

Many thanks,
Chris