[vdr] VDR-1.3.37: retuning -- possibly a fix for VDSB

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Mon Dec 19 16:12:12 CET 2005

Udo Richter wrote:
>> Reinhard Nissl wrote:
>>> the attached patch introduces some timeouts while the device is tuning
>>> and when it looses the lock:
>
> Some early results:
> I'm seeing lots of 'lost lock' and 'timed out while tuning' messages for
> my secondary budget card, so the patch seems to do his work.

Today VDSB striked again, with the original patch still applied:

14:59:35 vdr[2376]: ERROR: frontend 1 timed out while tuning - re-tuning
14:59:59 last message repeated 7 times
15:00:00 vdr[2376]: timer 3 (***************) start
15:00:00 vdr[2376]: record ****************
15:00:03 vdr[2376]: ERROR: frontend 1 timed out while tuning - re-tuning
15:00:30 last message repeated 9 times
15:00:31 vdr[2376]: ERROR: video data stream broken
15:00:31 vdr[2376]: initiating emergency exit

If I remember correctly, then in all cases a replay was running, while
the budget card was switching from EPG scan to timer recording.
Does anyone know whether the tuner of the primary card goes offline
while a playback is running?
With only one tuner, running an EPG scan, my multiswitch may be failing
and simply doesnt get up again until the primary tuner helps out.

Cheers,

Udo