[vdr] Re: Any plugin that views srt and subs on Live TV

Niko Mikkila nm at phnet.fi
Wed Dec 21 18:31:26 CET 2005

On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:08:38 +0200
"Istvan Fuley" <aironet at tigercomp.ro> wrote:

> I know about DVB subtitles plugin, and it's work fine on my VDR. But Burak
> BAYER asked about a plugin which is able to display OFFLINE (.sub or .srt)
> subtitles watching live tv.
> You can download subtilte files for many movies in various languages.

Syncing would need to be done manually and it is not easy to do on the fly.
Why not record the show, remux to MPEG-PS or some other well-seekable container,
add and sync the external subtitles and watch with the MPlayer plugin?
This could be done almost automatically with ProjectX and a simple script except
for the syncing part.

--
Niko Mikkilä