[vdr] Re: Any plugin that views srt and subs on Live TV

Burak BAYER bbayer at havelsan.com.tr
Thu Dec 22 08:39:46 CET 2005

Niko Mikkila wrote:

>On Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:08:38 +0200
>"Istvan Fuley" <aironet at tigercomp.ro> wrote:
>>I know about DVB subtitles plugin, and it's work fine on my VDR. But Burak
>>BAYER asked about a plugin which is able to display OFFLINE (.sub or .srt)
>>subtitles watching live tv.
>>You can download subtilte files for many movies in various languages.
>Syncing would need to be done manually and it is not easy to do on the fly.
>Why not record the show, remux to MPEG-PS or some other well-seekable container,
>add and sync the external subtitles and watch with the MPlayer plugin?
>This could be done almost automatically with ProjectX and a simple script except
>for the syncing part.
>Niko Mikkilä
>vdr mailing list
>vdr at linuxtv.org
But it is not very reliable solution for me even you need harddisk and
much time for this. For example you can simply search subtitle text if
you hear well-known words like "hello,bye etc.."  Or with EPG data
subtitle can be easily synced. Some channels have very good EPG timing...

There is a software in Windows that name is ProjectIGI. -
http://www.srebrenik.net/programi/ - It can sync and draw subtitle any
overlay surface..