[vdr] Problem in migrating vdr 1.2.6 -> vdr-1.3.37-0.lvn.1.4

Ville Skyttä vskytta at gmail.com
Mon Dec 26 12:52:39 CET 2005

On Mon, 2005-12-26 at 02:14 +0200, Otto J. Makela wrote:

> The first hurdle was downloading and installing the card firmware,
> why, oh why, can't the package creators actually document what they
> have and have not included with it?

I'm not sure what you're asking, but the package maintainer doesn't have
a setup that would need any firmware nor has access to one and nobody
has reported any related issues before this.  Could you provide an
example of what kind of package specific documentation would you have
found useful?

>  Both packages just include the
> standard (nigh-useless) original documentation. Of course the fact
> that vdr says the firmware should go to /usr/lib/hotplug/firmware
> instead of the correct location /lib/firmware did not help much,
> could this be fixed?

I don't see anything in VDR's documentation or sources that would refer
to any firmware paths, so the thing saying the above is probably the DVB
driver you're using.  I just sent a patch to the DVB mailing list that
might improve the related messages and docs a bit.

> Does anyone have a ready working channels.conf for DVB-C in Helsinki?

Will send you mine in PM.