[vdr] "filing" a channel into the appropriate group.

Carsten Koch Carsten.Koch at icem.com
Fri Dec 30 14:35:53 CET 2005

Hi,

I have 3329 entries, subdivided into 25 channel groups
in my channels.conf.

The last group is of course the "New channels" group.

Every now and then I zap through it and file the new
channels into the appropriate groups.

Of course, it is extremely hard to move a channel from
position 3329 to any position in the first 24 groups.

It would be nice to have an easy way to "file" the
channel directly into a specific group (simply at
its end) like this:

* select the channel
* press a key
* a list of groups comes up
* Use Up/Down (or digits for the first 10) to select
* press OK

Is there such a feature (maybe as a plugin) already?

If no, would that be a useful addition?

How do other people manage large channels.conf files?

Thanks,

Carsten.