[vdr] upmixing dvb audio

David Thompson dwhthompson at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Feb 13 12:57:18 CET 2005

Hello:

FIrst I want to thank all of you again for your help.  My dvb-t pci
premium system with vdr is now working absolutely great.

Have one last question which is slightly off topic but thought someone
here must have dealt with it before.

Would like to upmix the 2 channel dvb audio from my ttpci premium card
that is fed into my soundblaster live 5.1 soundcard via the line in
port.

Before I used a ttusb budget device with vdr xine and got used to the
5.1 upmixed audio!

Anyone know how to do this?  Have looked in vain thus far for a
solution ..  I am running ALSA - kernel 2.6.7 - emu10k1 driver -
soundblaster live 5.1 - analogue 5.1 speakers.

Cheers,

David