[vdr] vdr mailing list subscription info changed (without permission?)

Rainer Zocholl UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308- at zocki.toppoint.de
Sun Feb 13 20:06:00 CET 2005

UseNet-Posting-Nospam-74308- at zocki.toppoint.de(Rainer Zocholl)  13.02.05 19:30

>lkcl at lkcl.net(Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton)  13.02.05 18:09

>>hi, um... i tend to subscribe to mailing lists and then set
>>them to not send me messages.

>Maybe someone wanted to clean up his mailing list list? ;-)

>>that appears to have changed about... yesterday evening - without
>>my permission.

>ACK.

>>i _would_ go back to the site and reset it myself - except
>>www.linuxtv.org is down.

>>_again_.

>>could someone advise of a means by which my settings (to not receive
>>any posts to the list but to remain subscribed) may be restored?

>Sending emails to "vdr-request" with the subjects

>set delivery off
>set hide on

>should do it.

>To get your current settings by sending

>set show

>to get more help sent
>set help

>in the subject.

>But NOT(!) sent to the list use  "vdr-request" at linuxtv.org

Sorry that does not work!

You MUST go to the Webpage!
http://www.linuxtv.org/cgi-bin/mailman/options/vdr

If you have no web access, you will have to
pay for every notification SMS until you find a PC
where you can read your mails and access the mail...

I got all my commands back with a 4KB "Help" text...

and the line

- Results:
    Not authenticated

NO hint in the body which command to which list failed...
NO hint how i should have authenticate (i'm using the right address)