[vdr] Null titles and cSchedule::GetFollowingEvent

Jan Ekholm chakie at infa.abo.fi
Mon Feb 14 08:34:03 CET 2005

On Sun, 13 Feb 2005 castet.matthieu at free.fr wrote:

>Selon Chris Warren <dvb at ixalon.net>:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I notice that quite often EPG data contains events with null or empty
>> titles. These tend to be 'gaps' between programs (especially on movie
>> channels.) Would it be sensible to skip over these when showing the "Whats
>> on Next?" screen?
>>
>I even think we shouldn't display it because they are annoying...

I quite often see programs named (null) in the EPG list. It probably means
that VDR has taken a NULL title and sprintf():ed it into a string that
gets displayes, and the NULL has been replaced with the string "(null)".
Seems to happen after a restart where some ongoing program can't be found
anymore or for "something" that is shown between 00:00 and 06:00. VDR
doesn't crash when viewing more detailed infofor these events, there just
isn't any extra info available. So it's more of a cosmetic issue.

--

 He says gods like to see an atheist around. Gives them something to aim at.
                                            -- Terry Pratchett, Small Gods