[vdr] Hang on tools.c SpinUpDisk - system("sync")

Chris Warren dvb at ixalon.net
Thu Feb 17 10:56:00 CET 2005

Hi again all,

I finally managed to get my system installed in such a way that I can have
both NPTL and LinuxThreads versions of glibc installed at the same time.
However it's proving a headache.

VDR (1.3.21 down to 1.3.19 - I've not tried anything below this) hangs on
recording and becomes totally unresponsive - no input from the console is
read, no response from SVDRP, nothing is displayed via the DVB card.

I've looked into where the hang happens and its in SpinUpDisk on the line
that calls system("sync") - if I comment this line out then everything works
perfectly!

Has anyone encountered this problem?

Many thanks,
Chris