[vdr] VDR working under FC3?

Stefan Taferner taferner at kde.org
Thu Feb 17 12:13:59 CET 2005

On Thursday 17 February 2005 11:29, Linux TV wrote:
> I understand that - but I should still be able to record and schedule
> without viewing?
>
> The idea of using VDR was I thought could schedule and record from an ssh
> connection, without needing X ?

You can use svdrpsend.pl, but its not that straight forward.
Or install vdradmin, which is proably more what you intended.

I prefer the xine plugin for output. Softdevice has the output window always
running when vdr runs, which is not very usable for a desktop system.

--Stefan

PS: would be nice if you would use some normal name for your identity, as
    you are probably not /the/ "Linux TV".