[vdr] VDR working under FC3?

HGM.bg (GMX) vdr.hgm.bg at gmx.net
Thu Feb 17 12:28:20 CET 2005

Linux TV wrote:

> I understand that - but I should still be able to record and schedule
> without viewing?

Not with VDR, it has the concept, that at least one "output" device must
be available. You can reach that goal with software-implementations like
xine/softdevice, but this is absolutly needed for running VDR.

> The idea of using VDR was I thought could schedule and record from an
> ssh connection, without needing X ?

I don't know the softdevice/xine solution (if these are working w/o X),
but the easiest way to control vdr remote is vdradmin, which gives you
lean and clean HTML-interface to VDR.

/hgm.bg