[vdr] Re: can't get lock on Astra 19.2

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Feb 18 18:05:50 CET 2005

tony wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I watched some German TV a few days ago while playing with config stuff.
> I can no longer get a lock on anything at 19.2E. I guess that it is just
> me but still... Can't understand what might have gone wrong
>
> Tony Grant

Hi,

do you  also  get a message "Channel unavailable" or something on the
OSD? I also cannot watch _any_ channel since I installed a fresh
udev-enabled Gentoo with a 2.6.10 kernel. I did setup udev rules and
permissions and have a script which creates the devices in
/dev/dvb/adapter0, and am able to generate a channels.conf with dvbscan
from the dvb-apps suite. But VDR won't work, I tried 1.3.18, 1.3.20,
1.3.21....

Lucian Muresan

PS. first I thought the behaviour would be due to a SourceCaps patch
which get#s applied if I use a Gentoo.de ebuild, and found out after
some digging in vdr-portal.de that in that case I should have provided
som SiurceCap = 1 S19.2E and so on in setup.conf, I did that and the
behaviour was the same. Then I compiled VDR without such a patch, to no
avail...