to Klaus Schmidinger's (Re: [vdr] to use a current theme color in a plugin)

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Feb 19 16:46:17 CET 2005

Klaus Schmidinger wrote:

> There is no way an arbitrary plugin could reasonably use any of the
> colors a skin has defined - it doesn't have any idea about what each
> color is actually used for!

Unless you define some standard names/ids that have always the same
meaning (like "background colour", "selected text colour", "selected
text background", "non selected text colour", etc.).
Obviously these would be skin/theme dependent but the plugin wouldn't
need to know that, only ask vdr for the current "selected text colour", etc.

> The only way a plugin might "blend in" usefully would be to open
> a cSkinDisplayMenu and draw some stuff into the "central area" of
> that menu. That way the "decorations" (like title, buttons etc)
> would be drawn in the skin specific way, while the actual content
> is up to the plugin to draw.

So if the plugin has to show some text/selection/etc. inside that area
we're back to square one :-(

Bye