[vdr] Re: can't get lock on Astra 19.2

Darren Salt linux at youmustbejoking.demon.co.uk
Sat Feb 19 17:36:38 CET 2005

I demand that Lucian Muresan may or may not have written...

> tony wrote:
>> I watched some German TV a few days ago while playing with config stuff. I
>> can no longer get a lock on anything at 19.2E. I guess that it is just me
>> but still... Can't understand what might have gone wrong

> do you  also  get a message "Channel unavailable" or something on the OSD?
> I also cannot watch _any_ channel since I installed a fresh udev-enabled
> Gentoo with a 2.6.10 kernel. I did setup udev rules and permissions and
> have a script which creates the devices in /dev/dvb/adapter0,

You don't need that script any more. The in-kernel drivers have basic sysfs
support, ehough for udev to be able to handle the node creation.

> and am able to generate a channels.conf with dvbscan from the dvb-apps
> suite. But VDR won't work, I tried 1.3.18, 1.3.20, 1.3.21....

Are you using the in-kernel drivers? If so, check that the attached patch has
been applied to the kernel source. I found it on (IIRC) linux-dvb after
noticing that tuning was *very* slow.

| Darren Salt | nr. Ashington, | d youmustbejoking,demon,co,uk
| Debian,     | Northumberland | s zap,tartarus,org
| RISC OS     | Toon Army      | @
|   Retrocomputing: a PC card in a Risc PC

We don't really understand it, so we'll give it to the programmers.

begin 644 2.6.10-dvb-tuning.patch,fff
M=7 at M,BXV+C$P+V1R:79E<G,O;65D:6$O9'9B+V1V8BUC;W)E+V1V8E]F<F]N
K97)R=7!T:6)L92 at F9F4M/G=A:71?<75E=64I.PH@"0D)?0H@"0E]"B`*"FYT