[vdr] Xine and DEBUG_OSD problems

Reinhard Nissl rnissl at gmx.de
Mon Feb 21 22:35:01 CET 2005

Hi,

Darren Salt wrote:

>>Hi.  I'm making progress on getting VDR working the way I want.
>>
>>There's a colleague at work who uses the xine plugin for replay, and the
>>DEBUG_OSD screen to remotely control vdr via ssh.  This is kind of what I
>>want to do, but have 2 problems.
>>
>>When I try and open 'xine -p vdr:///fifty/video/plugins/xine/noSignal.pes'
>>Xine says unknown mrl: vdr://

This is not the way it is expected to be used ;-)

Adding --verbose=2 to running xine will show something like that:

gui_xine_open_and_play():
         mrl: 'vdr:///soft/vdr/etc/vdr/plugins/xine/noSignal.pes',
         sub 'NONE',
         start_pos 0, start_time 0, av_offset 0, spu_offset 0.
xine: Inputplugin gefunden: VDR display device plugin
vdr: failed to open
'///soft/vdr/etc/vdr/plugins/xine/noSignal.pes.control' (Datei oder
Verzeichnisnicht gefunden)
xine: Plugin kann MRL
[vdr:///soft/vdr/etc/vdr/plugins/xine/noSignal.pes] nicht öffnen
xine: Kann kein Plugin für MRL
[vdr:///soft/vdr/etc/vdr/plugins/xine/noSignal.pes] finden

It bails out as the input plugin vdr expects several files with names
derived from the given argument (e. g. in the above case
noSignal.pes.control).

> You don't have a patched xine-lib - apply the patch in vdr-xine and rebuild.

A previous post shows:
xine --verbose=2
load_plugins: plugin
/usr/local/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.0/post/xineplug_post_vdr.so found
load_plugins: plugin
/usr/local/lib/xine/plugins/1.0.0/xineplug_inp_vdr.so found

Anyway, just try:

	xine vdr:/tmp/vdr-xine/stream#demux:mpeg_pes

Bye.
--
Dipl.-Inform. (FH) Reinhard Nissl
mailto:rnissl at gmx.de