[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.1 plugin

Rob Shortt rob at infointeractive.com
Tue Feb 22 13:58:53 CET 2005

mike lewis wrote:

> Also, I'd really love to be able to use lirc or something (like vdr)
> to send commands to the post plugin, like on/off, or "aspect 1/2/3/4".
> That way this plugin can take care of the zooming in other cases for
> xine usage, likewatching movies etc. through freevo,  What is your
> opinion on this?   Is it possible to send status like on/off though
> sdctrl method?

Hi, I haven't tried this version yet, or even looked at the code, but...

The post plugin could, or may already, listen for an internal xine event
for changing the aspect.  I suspect the vdr input plugin converts vdr
events into xine events and posts them.  If that's the case any xine ui
could post the same event, even through the stdcrtl that Freevo uses -
we'd just have to add the stdctrl part and the event passing in Freevo.

-Rob