[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] bitstreamout plugin 0.70 (sound loop throughsoundcard)

Erik ebeauvalot at fr.colt.net
Tue Feb 22 16:37:02 CET 2005

>--8<------------
>> It is working very well with :
>> Vdr-1.3.17 + patch Ac3OverDvb + dvd-0.3.5-b07-cvs +
bitstreamout-0.50e

>> And I have no sound (and basicly no signal coming out) with this :
>> Vdr-1.3.21 + bitstreamout-0.70 + dvd-cvs-20050207
>>
>> I have a Sony DD830QS
>--8<------------
>
>Is that a Sony STR-DB830 QS ?
>
>I have that reciever and has never got it to work with SPDIF from Nexus
FF
>card. The light goes on, text in display says 5.1 ( or 2.0 ), but I
never >get
>any actual sound from it. Do you get this info on the display with
1.3.21?

>What kind of soundcard do you use for SPDIF output?

Yes it's this one, it seems to be normal see :
http://www.vdr-wiki.de/wiki/index.php/DD-Receiver

That's why I have to use the bitstreamout plugins.

I'm using a very simple card (CMI8738), I don't remember the name.
It is almost the same as this one :
http://www.evendi.de/kompon/22/21278.html
with a digital output connect.