[vdr] Building latest DVB driver on 2.6

Patrick Boettcher patrick.boettcher at desy.de
Thu Feb 24 11:28:04 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Feb 2005, John Grant wrote:

Hi,

> I asked on the dvb list, but no one responded...

Patience is the key :)

> I'm having problems with software RAID and am trying to move to a newer 2.6,
> so I went and got the current (obviously) CVS driver and did the make, but
> there are no alps_tdlb7 or grundig_401 drivers there, no .o, no sources,
> nothing.

Try to use sp8870 or the l64781 frontend. I think they have been
renamed during the FE_REFACTORING in last november.

Additionally you have to load all frontends which can be on your card
(budget ttpci has a number). This is done automatically when using the
kernel module auto loader, but not, if you compile and load the driver
within build-2.6

regards,
Patrick.

   Mail: patrick.boettcher at desy.de