[vdr] Problems with 20 Timers

Chris Warren dvb at ixalon.net
Thu Feb 24 20:40:52 CET 2005

Hi all,

I've managed to import EPG data for 2-3 weeks in advance. The trouble is I
use epgsearch to automatically create timers to record a couple of series.
This leads me to have around 20 active timers.

It seems that the more timers you have the slower VDR (1.3.21) becomes. I
normally get "max. latency time 2 seconds" in my syslog, however when I have
20 timers, I get "max. latency time 17 seconds". What's causing it to slow
down so much?

I've tried removing all plugins but if I leave the timers, I still get this
long latency and the OSD becomes really slow.

Any ideas?

Chris