[vdr] Re: vdr-xine and df_xine

Lucian Muresan lucianm at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Feb 27 16:22:50 CET 2005

Lucian Muresan wrote:
> mike lewis wrote:
>
>> Hello People,
>>
>> I was just wondering if it was possible to use df_xine as the
>> front-end to vdr-xine?
>

> Should be possible. At least I heard that from Rob Shortt, one of the
> Freevo developers on the Freevo IRC channel. I wanted to try that
> myself, but I couldn't until now, most likely I have to reinstall the
> system as I cannot sort out a linker problem which is stopping me to get
> df_xine to run...
>
> Lucian

Sorry if this thread is over a month old.
I'm playing around with vdr-xine in df_xine (instead of fbxine or the
"X" xine-ui) for some days now, and it's working well, except for my
case, a Matrox G400 TV-out, I'm having field parity issues for now. For
those who are using the VGA/DVI output of a DirectFB-supported card, it
might actually work well

Lucian