[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-xine-0.7.2 plugin

Grégoire Favre Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com
Sun Feb 27 21:12:38 CET 2005

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 02:57:24PM +0100, Reinhard Nissl wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm pleased to announce maintenance release 0.7.2:
>
>     http://home.vr-web.de/~rnissl/vdr-xine-0.7.2.tgz

Great,

I have compiled it with last xine CVS and live view is really perfect
!!!

I got the problem with playing recordings : with vdr-1.3.21 and
vdr-1.3.22 is saccading (and vdr tooks about 40% of my amd64 at 3000 CPU
which I think is rather very much, playing the vdr files with VDR take
about 2% of the CPU).

If I use one of my two FF cards (with xawtv) the playing is perfectly
smooth also.

Is there an option which can change anything for it ?

I am using kernel 2.6.11-rc5 and I got same result with pre-empt on or
off, the HD is an SATA one.

I got the same behaviour with xine CVS or recommended version.
I compil xine-lib with :

./autogen.sh --with-xvmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA --with-xxmc-lib=XvMCNVIDIA \
--enable-static-xv && make && make install

My system is gentoo based (but vdr and xine are not ebuilds ones).

Thank for any hint one could provide me ;-)
--
	Grégoire Favre
http://magma.epfl.ch/Gregoire.Favre mailto:Gregoire.Favre at gmail.com