[vdr] hardware recommendations?

tony tony at tgds.net
Mon Feb 28 07:49:12 CET 2005

Le lundi 28 février 2005 à 10:09 +1100, Craig Sanders a écrit :

> i've got a philips 201P 21" CRT - excellent monitor, i have no intention of
> replacing it with an LCD (quality tends to be crap unless you spend a fortune,
> with fuzzy unreadable text, and they give me headaches.  i'd rather have a 15"
> CRT than a 19" LCD).

Ooooh a masochist!!!

I'd rather have a 15" TFT than a 21" Philips. In fact I do have one.
Crisper text, no flickering, no heat, less power consumption, I can take
it to work on site at clients... I could go on.

I'd rather have a 21" Sony that a 21" Philips. As this is the VDR list,
I'd really like a 17" Acer 16:9 TFT for every day work. And to watch TV
a 26" Samsung because Epia boards don't have DVI out.

Cheers

Tony