[vdr] vdr with nexus-s rev 2.1 crashes with ttxtsubs and osdteletext when zapping

Udo Richter udo_richter at gmx.de
Fri Jul 1 02:08:20 CEST 2005

Magnus Andersson wrote:
> When I switch from an encrypted channel from my DVB-S (Nexus-S rev. 2.1)
> to DVB-T Airstar2 vdr crashes almost every time but if I go from a free to
> air channel it is no problem.

This surely is a tricky bug. I too have a primary full-featured and a
secondary budget card (not DVB-T though), and there are cases in which I
switch from primary to secondary-transfermode, and I never had problems
crashing. And yes, osdteletext is installed.

Try to generate a stack trace on crash. Some easy steps how to do this
are on http://linux.bytesex.org/gdb.html
This may give a hint why VDR crashes in that very special situation.

Cheers,

Udo