[vdr] mencoding VDR streams - for Windows Media viewing

Harald Milz hm at seneca.muc.de
Fri Jul 1 07:43:49 CEST 2005

Simon Baxter <linuxtv at nzbaxters.com> wrote:

> I tried many different audio and video codecs supported in mplayer's
> mencoder, and have come up with the following that provide good quality
> viewing under Windows Media Player (and mplayer, of course).

Strangely, I could not get MP3 audio to work on Windows. I made a Divx4
stream from a recording, and the Divx4 codec could not play the MP3 sound.
This may be related to the codec, though.

This worked:

mencoder -ovc  lavc  -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vhq -oac pcm  -o ct.avi 001.vdr

Neither copy nor mp3lame worked. This resulted in an unnecessarily large
Divx4 file :-(

--
If God had meant for us to be naked, we would have been born that way.