[vdr] [ANNOUNCE] vdr-epgsearch-0.9.5
cwieninger at gmx.de
cwieninger at gmx.de
Sat Jul 2 09:02:00 CEST 2005
here's a new release of the epgsearch plugin.
You can find it here:
2005-07-02: Version 0.9.5
- epgsearch has now its own menu for standard timer editing with the
following extensions (timer programming is based on SVDRP, so this should
be configured!, Screenshot of changes:
* additional item 'directory' with selection of existing
directories with key 'blue' (also supports EPG
variables like "%category%" when using ext. EPG info)
* item 'file' can be extended with subtitle (if present) pressing
* item 'file' and 'directory' can be reset to standard pressing key
* when editing weekdays then item 'day' can be customized with a submenu
for arbitrary weekdays selection
- menu 'userdefined days of week' for search timers now starts with
'Monday' instead of 'Sunday'
- menu 'Select directory' now lists distinct items of the following sources:
* current recording directories
* current timer directories
* directories used in search timers
* directories specified in epgsearchdirs.conf
key 'yellow' can be used to change the depth of the directory listing.
- Progressbar in 'Next' can now be switched on/off with its own setup item.
- support for language dependent commands for EPG (default loading
uses epgsearchcmds.conf, if there is no epgsearchcmds-XXX.conf,
where XXX is the language code as shown in i18n.c, see MANUAL)
- directly calling a command with key '1'..'9' will now go back to the
calling menu after execution instead of displaying menu 'commands'
- added a commandline option '-c' or '--config' to specify the plugins
own config directory (option).
- added commandline help for 'vdr --help
- thanks again to Mike Constabel (vejoun at vdrportal) for great beta
testing and suggestions, and to Rolf Ahrenberg for finnish translation.
What is it about?
EPG-Search can be used as a replacement for the default schedules
menu entry. It looks like the standard schedules menu, but adds some
- Commands for EPG entries with 5 built-in commands like 'show repeats',
'create search'. One can add own commands for other needs, like adding a
- Add up to 4 user-defined times to 'now' and 'next'
- Searching the EPG: Create reusable queries, which can also be used
as 'search timers'.
- Search timers: Search for broadcasts in the background and add a
timer if one matches (similar to VDRAdmin's auto-timers) or simply
make an annoucement about it via OSD
- Progress bar in 'What's on now' and 'What's on next'
- Shift the time displayed by keypress, e.g. 'What's on now' + 30 minutes
- Start menu can be setup between 'Schedule' or 'What's on now'
- background check for timer conflicts (requires a recent timeline plugin)
- detailed epg menu (summary) allows jumping to the next/previous
- support for extended EPG info for search timers
Works only for vdr-1.3.x (x>=7). Tested on 1.3.10 to 1.3.24.
Parts of the sources are based on the repeating-EPG patch
from Gerhard Steiner, who gave me the permission to use them
(thanks for his work!).
More information about the vdr