[vdr] possible busy loop in cDvbPlayer::Action?

Luca Olivetti luca at ventoso.org
Sat Jul 2 13:21:53 CEST 2005

Martin Wache wrote:

> I thought about letting the softdevice sleep even when the buffers are
> not full, but I think the correct solution would be that vdr sleep in
> case it doesn't have some frames to send. Or did I get the Poll()
> function wrong? Should Poll() sleep in any case?

from device.h

   virtual bool Poll(cPoller &Poller, int TimeoutMs = 0);
        ///< Returns true if the device itself or any of the file handles in
        ///< Poller is ready for further action.
        ///< If TimeoutMs is not zero, the device will wait up to the
given number
        ///< of milleseconds before returning in case there is no immediate
        ///< need for data.

Bye