[vdr] mplayer.sh and AID 0

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Sat Jul 2 15:30:23 CEST 2005

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 02 Jul 2005 Juri Haberland <list-linux.vdr at koschikode.com> wrote:
>
>>"C.Y.M" <syphir at syphir.sytes.net> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks! So, after applying this to the mplayer plugin, what should be changed in
>>>mplayer.sh?
>>
>>At best - nothing. Just use a recent (>= 1.0pre7) version of mplayer and
>>cycle through the available audio tracks with button number '2'.
>

> I'm not sure about, but any feedback welcome.

Ok, This is what I have seen so far (while using this new patch for the mplayer
plugin).

If I set the AID to "default", and do not make any changes to mplayer.sh-0.8.6
(reversing my patch above), then I am able to switch AIDs on the fly using the
"2" key on the remote.  But, without any changes to mplayer.sh, I am not able to
specify a particular default AID (ie; setting AID to 0,1,2,...).  This would not
be a problem, except that Mplayer seems to default to AID=1 when there are two
audio pids (0 and 1).  IMHO, Mplayer should default to 0 before 1, if they both
exist (apid 1 is the secondary audio track, so it should default to apid 0 first).

After re-applying the changes to mplayer.sh with my original patch on this
thread, and setting the default AID to 0, and then trying to play a file that
only contains AID 1, I am not able to switch to AID 1 using button "2" on the
remote.  But, If I try to play a file with two apids (0 and 1), then I can still
switch between the two audio IDs with these changes to mplayer.sh.  If mplayer
does not start with a valid apid, then it will not be able to switch between
apids.  Therefore, I still had to add some logic to mplayer.sh that detects AVI
file types and sets the apid to 1 (no matter what the default is in the plugin).
Also, it appears that the mplayer plugin is still not returning "AID 0" to the
mplayer.sh script.

Best Regards,
C.