[vdr] mplayer.sh and AID 0

C.Y.M syphir at syphir.sytes.net
Sat Jul 2 18:25:33 CEST 2005

Stefan Huelswitt wrote:
> On 02 Jul 2005 "C.Y.M" <syphir at syphir.sytes.net> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the new patch.  Unfortunately, this does not seem to change anything.
>>
>>1) AID 0 not returned to mplayer.sh when specified as default.  Note: APID > 0
>>returns properly.
>

> I cannot understand this. The code is:
>
> if(MPlayerAid>=0) snprintf(aid,sizeof(aid)," AID %d",MPlayerAid);
>
> which clearly should work with AID==0.

If I take this code in mplayer.sh and comment out the following section that
checks if AID is defined..

--SNIP--

declare FILE="$1"
#declare SLAVE="$2"
while shift; do
  if [ "$1" = "SLAVE" ]; then
    declare SLAVE="$1"
  elif [ "$1" = "AID" ]; then
    declare AID="$2"
    shift
  fi
#  if [ "$AID" = "" ]; then
#    declare AID="0"
#  fi
done

echolog "*** INFO: Audio track equals $AID"

and put some debug in to print the value of $AID, the value still comes up blank
when AID is set to 0 in the plugin.

>>In order to make use of the configurable default apid, changes will need to be
>>made to mplayer.sh to understand what "$AID" is.
>

> Of course. This was mentioned in the HISTORY at the time the AID
> feature was introduced (version 0.9.8).

Best Regards,
C.