[vdr] possible busy loop in cDvbPlayer::Action?

Stefan Lucke stefan at lucke.in-berlin.de
Sat Jul 2 21:29:16 CEST 2005

On Samstag, 2. Juli 2005 13:21, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Martin Wache wrote:
>
> > I thought about letting the softdevice sleep even when the buffers are
> > not full, but I think the correct solution would be that vdr sleep in
> > case it doesn't have some frames to send. Or did I get the Poll()
> > function wrong? Should Poll() sleep in any case?
>
> from device.h
>
>    virtual bool Poll(cPoller &Poller, int TimeoutMs = 0);
>         ///< Returns true if the device itself or any of the file handles in
>         ///< Poller is ready for further action.
>         ///< If TimeoutMs is not zero, the device will wait up to the
> given number
>         ///< of milleseconds before returning in case there is no immediate
>         ///< need for data.

What about this interpretation:

So the  question is when has the device an immediate need for data ?
This is the case when the buffer of the device is empty. If this
condition is met, the device has to ignore a given timeout and
return immediate. If buffer empty condition is not satisfied,
device has to sleep when timout is not zero.

--
Stefan Lucke