[vdr] softdevice 0.1.2 with DirectFB mach64

Gavin Hamill gdh at acentral.co.uk
Sun Jul 3 13:55:34 CEST 2005

On Sunday 03 July 2005 09:34, Martin Wache wrote:

> It is now some time ago (about half a year) since I last tried to use my
> Mach64 with the softdevice, but back then the DirectFB drivers for the
> Mach64 didn't support all the functions needed by the softdevice. So it
> didn't work at all.

I gave up on DirectFB - I'm sure it just needed 'a little something' but that
something was beyond me.. plus the TV Out didn't work :)

> Also the X11 drivers for the Mach64 I can't recommend, I never got a
> picture due to lacking Xv support.
> So I fear that the Mach64 is not the best choice for use with the
> softdevice :-(.

I have switched to running X, because in XFree 4.3.0 the 'ati' driver does
indeed support Xv on my card .. and not only that but there are options for
TVOut.

The only problem is the TVOut only works at exactly 640x480 or 800x600 at
60Hz. No opportunity for 768x576 or proper 50Hz interlaced output...

I'm still using softdevice just -vo xv:full instead of -vo dfb: =)

At least I have a watchable picture now, and it will suffice until I can sort
out something better :)

Cheers,
Gavin.