[vdr] BBC 3, 4 Cbeebies, CBBC, etc. on DVB-T

Iwan Davies iwan.davies at translutions.co.uk
Wed Jul 6 11:35:53 CEST 2005

Does anyone else have problems with the time-sharing (for want of a better
word) channels on UK DVB-T, such as BBC Three, Four, CBeebies and CBBC?
Irrespective of what I set the channels.conf update options to (i.e. names
only, names and pids, nothing, etc.), I find that I have to restart VDR to
get output on any of these channels if the VDR was active before they
started broadcasting.

I mean, if 7pm comes and I change channel to BBC Three, I won't get a
picture or audio through my FF DVB-S card unless I leave the channel set to
BBC Three and choose the "Setup|Restart" option from the VDR main menu.
Femon shows that there is nothing wrong with the signal, and a video stream
and audio stream are detected. Furthermore, I can view a stream of the
channel through the Streamdev-server plugin on the VDR machine and any
client I care to try on other PCs in the house.

I get the same effect on Tele-G, but unless there's anyone else in the
Grampian region on this list, I doubt this can be verified or tested.

VDR 1.3.19. DVB-T Nova-T (TDA10045), DVB-S 1.3

Cheers

Iwan